Saving Children's Artwork:
Here are some ideas that I’ve used:
(Email me with your ideas!)
1. Set up a small hanging file folder area in the kitchen, with 12 hanging folders: labeled January - December. File completed assignments, artwork etc. in each month. Purge regularly (if possible!)
2. Save best artwork and put into scrapbook album, ask child to explain the picture, write a caption on the scrapbook page.
3. Send artwork to grandparents & relatives as part of “Thank You” notes for gifts received.
4. Have the kids glue their artwork on the outside of cardboard boxes, use decorated boxes for storage: toys, out of season clothes, etc.
5. For more great ideas, see link for related artice on the Fisher-Price website: http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=10&e=parentresourceexpertadvice&content=39043
Note from Eva: Some days in my house, you’d never know that I help organize others for a living, with all the kids assignments, homework and drawings spread all over the dining room table, but it’s a work in progress and it will eventually get put away (as I try to re-assure my husband!). I can definitely relate if you’re struggling with this situation!